The whole text is taken from Official Employment Act Document which is complicated to understand for normal employees or labourers. Here i tell you the main points of Annual leave in understandable words with examples.
According to Secton 2 of the EA, employees are defned
as any person who works under a contract of service
• Domestc Workers
• Managerial and Executve Personnel *Now partly
covered if earning $4,500 or less
• Statutory Board of Government Employee
Annual Leave in Singapore:Those Employees who were covered in Employment ACT were eligible to get Annual Leave.
Employee is entitled for Annual leave after working with employer at least 3 months while maximum after 1 year.
If employee not completed 3 months employer can give him leave which iis unpaid.
If Employee goes on Annual leave and exceed the limit of leave than employer is allowed to cut from his wage.
The above stated 3 months are least means that to get annual or becoming eligible for annual leave employee require to complete 3 months with employer.
After completing of 1 year employee is entitled to get 7 days Paid Annual Leave. After first annual leave, one more day is added to Second annual leave until its become 14 days. See the table below for better understanding. After 14 days It is chance that employer may give leave equivalent to one month.
If you have worked less than a year (pro-rated leave)
In case the employee service is lesser than 1 year than Annual leave is given according to Proportion to the Service Period. For Example if Employee works for six months and want annual leave than his leave is no more than 2 to 3 days.
Annual Leave will be cut down in case of Absent from Work without taking permission or with excuse. If employee absent from work with any reason for 20% of working days His Annual leave will forfeited.
The leave will also be cut down in case if employee is terminated due to reasons of misconduct.
There no anything for giving or increasing annual leave regarding marriage and other events and these thing were only depend on points written in Mutual Contract.
After April 2014 changes made in Employment Act in which Sick leave is transferred from Part IV to X which mean employees having salary more than 4500 as well as employees with lesser salaries are eligible in this.
Here is some point of Sick Leave:
1. Sick leave is A Paid Leave in Singapore.
2. To get this leave employee at least work for employer for three months.
3. Employee must informs his employer before 48 hours that He is sick and didn't come to office or at work the next day.
4. Employee Must Provide medical certificate from Approved Medical PActitioner.
5. Those employees having service more than six months are eligible for 14 days Leaves outpatient leave while 60 days leave in case of admission in hospital.
6. Employee who completed 3 months can get leave of 5 leaves outpatient while 15 days of leave in case of Hospitalization.
7. The Salary Paid During Sick leave is equal to Gross Salary.
8. Those Employees who completed 3 months service are eligible to get Paid Medical Care from his employer.
9. While Medical care Payments and Charges must be given in according to Mutual Contract between both parties.
Leave During Public Holidays in Singapore:
According to Employment Act employees were entitled to be given with 11 Paid Public Holidays per year.
These holidays can also be written on Mutual Contract.
In case if Public Holiday falls on REST DAY then Next working day will be paid holiday.
If employer required his employee to work in Public Holiday than employer is required to pay gross salary as well as basic rate of pay of that day to his employee.
That it above i Explained three cases of leave there are two more cases MAternity and Parenthood/Marriage Leave which I can tell you some other day.